1. Reduce the risk of heart disease. Dr. Vellingiri Vadivel, in collaboration with the University of Hohenheim and the University of Nairobi, showed that include between 30 and 50 grams of nuts in the diet reduces the risk cardiovascular pathologies. Pistachio in particular is rich monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats, unlike saturated and trans fats, reduce levels of LDL or "bad" cholesterol in the blood.
2. It is the best nut against diabetes (Type II). As shown in the study by the Universitat Rovira i Virgili (URV) in Tarragona, led by Dr. Monica Bulló, pistachios reduce levels of blood glucose and improve insulin resistance. According Bulló "in the treatment of diabetes, pistachios are more effective with respect to other nuts, due to its high fiber content, and procyanidins betacarotens."
3. Improves sexual life, orgasmic function and sexual desire. The secret? Its high in healthy fats, natural plant sterols, protein, fiber and antioxidants. This is reflected in the study led by Dr. M. Aldemir University Hospital and Research Center Atatürk Ankara (Turkey), published in the International Journal of Impotence Research.
4. Helps control weight and reduces the tendency to obesity. This is due to its rich nutritional profile in fiber, which produces a satiating effect and prolonged, helping to control weight. Also, according to a study published in the journal PlosOne, eating nuts like pistachios, three times a week or more, reduces the likelihood of obesity, metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
5. favor the view with nutrients such as riboflavin, lutein and zeaxanthin, which act as antioxidants and protect it from sun damage.
6. Improve and regulate intestinal transit as a serving of pistachios provides 3 grams of fiber, equivalent to over 10% of the recommended daily amount.
7. Maintain strong teeth thanks to the contribution of phosphorus, an essential nutrient good dental health.
8. Strengthen bones and muscles provided vegetable protein, phosphorus, magnesium and potassium, so they are highly recommended for athletes.
9. Reduce stress. The potassium and magnesium pistachios help lower blood pressure and heart rate in stressful situations. Has shown a study of Pennsylvania State University, published in the journal Hypertension, American Heart Association Journal.
10. They also help to stay young fighting skin aging and protecting the body from oxidizing agents. This is due to its high content of antioxidants like lutein, zeaxanthin gamma-tocopherol or vitamin B2 and E.
Sign up here with your email