Artichoke,, is a vegetable that provides many minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. Also it contains a lot of fibers, carbohydrates, proteins and small amounts of fatty acids.
The artichoke has always been a food greatly appreciated. It is known that the Greeks and Romans and consume this vegetable. During the Middle Ages it was introduced in England in the hands of King Henry VII, subsequently crossing the Channel and Catherine de Medici turning in one of his most fervent consumers. At that time it was believed that the artichoke was aphrodisiac and it was not good to consume too much. The artichoke was considered due to its high price, a rich meal.
Among all its wonderful benefits, today we present 10 reasons to include the artichoke in your diet.
1. Has digestive properties. It is helpful for the treatment of diseases such as anemia, diabetes, gout, rheumatism and stones in the gallbladder.
2. It strengthens lowering high cholesterol lowers bad cholesterol and increases good HDL.
3. Helps combat excess triglycerides, and again helps fight cholesterol in this way.
4. Decreases abdominal pain, strains of those who suffered and also relieves heartburn.
5. In cases of constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting it regulates these problems to bring to normal.
6. The artichoke pushes us to improve our digestion and increasing the elimination of bile flow.
7. By contributing to reducing the level of blood cholesterol, improves blood pressure problems and prevent arteriosclerosis.
8. In addition, also due to plant fibers that gives us, is ideal for controlling appetite because the stomach absorbs water and produces a feeling of satiety that can be vital to follow a strict diet.
9. It provides vitamins A, B6, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, iron, carbohydrates and proteins and carbohydrates that are transformed into sugar, or what is the same energy.
Remove Toxins from body using Artichoke
10. The artichoke has diuretic qualities, helping to eliminate fluid from the body, interesting in cases of obesity and for any type of condition where appropriate removal of water is required. Artichoke therefore is indicated for ailments such as gout, arthritis or liver and circulatory diseases.