It is a typical winter vegetable and deeply rooted in the Mediterranean diet . However, we can find in the markets for almost everyone.
Therefore, we should not hesitate a second to take this to our kitchen to discover everything you can do for health.
According to experts in medicine and nutrition, the artichoke is a real "destructive to toxins" : its contribution based on natural enzymes, vitamins and minerals are allies direct to our liver.
Artichokes to regenerate your bodyAs we know, many of the foods we eat every day is not so easily digested. Saturated fats and many of these preservatives and chemicals from the precooked tend to be stored in our tissues, inflame and slow down the work of our liver.
Appropriate including Artichokes in our diet let this vegetable to enable debug and, somehow, "regenerate" our body.
The artichoke has very little caloric content. Instead, thanks to its high fiber and antioxidant harmonize the liver function and favor the intestinal transit.
Also fight fluid retention and improve our digestions.
Regular consumption of artichokes for the smooth functioning of all our organs, including regulating blood pressure . All this allows us to feel better, healthier, lighter and more energetic.
Artichokes strengthen your immune systemA strong immune system is synonymous with health. We face more effectively those infectious and viral agents and also better protect us against heart disease.
- Just keep in mind that artichokes are one of the most antioxidant - rich foods .
- According to a study published in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition , an artichoke provides the same antioxidants as a small glass of wine or a handful of blueberries.
- Thanks to anthocyanins and quercetin protect us more effectively against the risk of cancer and strengthen our defenses.
The digestive power of artichokesA good digestion gives us no swelling or discomfort and which also allows us to make better use of nutrients from food.
- To have a good digestion is necessary to consume 30 to 38 grams of dietary day for men fiber, and between 21 and 25 grams for women.
- Fiber consumption allows us to fight many diseases related to the bowel and colon cancer
- One of the main sources of fiber found in artichokes is inulin , a type of very powerful probiotic because it strengthens the "good bacteria" in the gut.
- Only by consuming 120 grams of artichoke we get 10.3 grams of dietary fiber . Worth it!
- Another interesting aspect is that, thanks to the Cynarine, we increase the production of bile, so we help accelerate the movement of food and waste through the intestines and reduce the feeling of bloating.
Artichokes, the favorite food of our liver
According to a study published in 2010 in the journal Biological Trace Element Research , artichokes help us reduce excess lipids and cholesterol in the liver, and of taking care that can carry out their duties.
In addition, thanks to its many phytonutrients, such as the cynarine and silymarin get not only strengthen but also regenerates and reverse the inflammations in case of fatty liver.
Regulates blood and take care of your health
Our body needs a proper balance between sodium and potassium levels, the latter being essential to combat hypertension and cope with fluid retention .
- Eating throughout the week between 3 and 4 artichokes will help us a lot. Therefore also not hesitate to take advantage of the water artichokes after boiling.
- If you add the juice of one lemon and drink throughout the day, you managed to control the bad cholesterol (LDL) and also promote weight loss.
- Always keep a varied and balanced diet where you will always have protein, fiber, and nutrients such as medicinal plants provide you as the artichoke.
As a final figure, we can say that artichokes are not recommended for patients who suffer from gallstones.
The reason for this is because this plant stimulates the production of bile and therefore can be counterproductive.